fibromuscular dysplasia support, education & advocacy
Fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) is a complex disease that is most commonly seen in women, with systemic presentation that may include stenosis, aneurysm or dissection most commonly in the renal and carotid arteries, migraine-like headaches, dizziness, and tinnitus or a swooshing sound in the ears. Low bone density, joint laxity and degenerative disease in the spine also have been linked to the disease. FMD is considered a rare disease; however, it is also believed to be underdiagnosed.

Traduire / Traducir / Verdolmetschen / Natłumaczyć / Tulkot / переводить / 翻译

I use to think… by FortunatelyFunny


I used to think, “I must just be crazy” before I was finally diagnosed with Fibromuscular Dysplasia… but not anymore.

I used to think that if you wore a white coat you must have most of the answers … but not anymore.

I used to think that if a doctor seriously thinks you needed a MRI or a CT Scan the insurance companies would surely agree… but not anymore.

I used to think you didn’t have to have four or five doctors to cover one disease…but not anymore.

I used to think I was in control of my health…but not anymore.

I used to think that each day I should pretty much feel the same (baring normal sickness)…but not anymore.

I used to think that healthy young women who took care of themselves didn’t have strokes…but not anymore.

I used to think that once you get better you usually stay better…but not anymore.

I used to think “sick” people talked way too much about their aliments…but not anymore.

I used to think if you looked healthy than you certainly must be…but not anymore.

I used to hold you to a standard based on those healthy looks…but not anymore.

I used to think that doctors and researchers were out there working to find cures for all diseases – everywhere…but not anymore.

I used to take A LOT of things for granted…but not anymore.

I used to think I could never make a difference in helping to find answers, raise awareness, or  advocating for FMD…but not anymore.

I used to doubt that God was with me every step of the way…but not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMD Chat encourages comments and discussion; however, please note that use of threatening or profane language and comments that clearly have no relation to the original post will not be tolerated.